Kerala Microsoft Users Group

Crystal Report ActiveX Print Control

Latest post 04-07-2009 6:01 AM by rajesh158. 1 replies.
  • 04-07-2009 4:59 AM

Crystal Report ActiveX Print Control

In my web application, when user clicks on the "print" button from the Crystal Report Viewer, toolbar system will show a popup window and choose click on "OK" button will generate again PDF file and user can take the print out from that pdf window. This is the default behavior of Crystal Report viewer print button.

So, I have changed PrintMode="ActiveX" for Crystal Report Viewer, and system will show a print dialog immediately after click on "Print" button.

In this way, when user click onthe print button from the crystal report viewer, system will prompt to install "Crystal Report print activeX control" first time and user could able to get print dialog immediately after click on the print button.

Btt sometimes,. our workstation users are NOT possible to enable download "prompt print ActiveX control" in his local browser.

Is it possible to get Crystal Report print activeX control and install it on the client user machine, if does not exists.

So Is there any way to resolve this problem

• Post Points: 5
  • 04-07-2009 6:01 AM In reply to

Re: Crystal Report ActiveX Print Control

Hi All,

I have partially implemented this way:

<configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="businessObjects">
          <sectionGroup name="crystalReports">
            <section name="printControl" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=10.2.0.1078, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, Custom=null" />
          </sectionGroup>
        </sectionGroup>
      </configSections>

<businessObjects>
        <crystalReports>
          <printControl>
            <add key="url" value="http://localhost:1541/PrintControl.cab" />
          </printControl>
        </crystalReports>
      </businessObjects

But I need to download printcontrol.cab version 10.2.3600.. can you help me to get this version ?

another version is available in the following link

http://support.businessobjects.com/CRforVS2005/PrintControl.cab#1,2,0,1078

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS